Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Senior Cost Controller to Join our Project Team in Cairo, Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity to experience Commercial Project Management function and to join a truly international team who is working for Rail /Transportation Business.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Ensures, implements, and manages standard policies, processes, procedures and compliance with the applicable guidelines for International Construction Contracts and related Accounting
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such transactions in the systems, e.g., SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG, IFRS and local GAAP requirements
- Ensures all related Project reporting and controlling activities including Accounts Payable, Account Receivables, Direct and Indirect Taxes, SG&A, CoGS and Export / Import / logistic management
- Ensures the detailed analysis of Order Cost Calculation (OCC), Statement of Assets (Balance Sheets), Income Statement (Income and expenditure account) and Cash Flow Statement
- Ensues project budgeting / forecasting and cost controlling in line to project targets with professional care and optimizes the gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments
- Actively communicates with Customer and Consortium representatives for regular interface and coordination to manage and solve the Commercial / Financial issues
- Identify, assess, evaluate and manages and risks and opportunities including the Permanent Establishment risk and recording these appropriately in project tools and templates
- Close coordination and interface with Siemens Corporate department for Bank Guarantees and Insurance issuance and with external parties e.g., local banks in Egypt
- Analyzing the project delay and active discussion with Project Management to support the overall process of Contract and Claim Management to safeguard the financial interest of the project
- Managing internal (CF A) and external audits (E&Y/PWC), preparing audit documents and active discussion with auditors to avoid any financial deficiency in internal controls
- Act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity within the Project Execution team, offshore and onshore including execution and maintenance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Commercial Project Management function
- Postgraduate or bachelor’s degree in commerce or Finance (Preferably CMA / CFA)
- Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and oral skills)
- Vast experience in Project Cost and Performance Controlling (Project planning, structuring, risk management, Calculation methods / Finance models)
- Teamwork, collaboration and good communication skills; negotiation skills are must
- Sound IT software i.e., Microsoft office, SAP etc.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time