Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Our Customer Service business is growing and seeks to hire several Service Technicians (or Qualified Maintenance Persons) to inspect, maintain and repair trains. You will help keep the trains moving by repairing post-accident locomotives and train coaches. The shift will vary but can include dayshift or night shift, weekdays or weekends, and working holidays as needed. These positions will be for maintenance on the Brightline trains. Bring your passion to life and join our team! Learn more about what we do here: https://www.mobility.siemens.com/us/en/trends/high-speed-rail-in-us.htmlWhat your day-to-day will look like:
- Provide body/welding/paint repair to locomotives, coaches, and train sets involved in accidents, i.e., vehicle strikes
- Perform day to day running maintenance and unscheduled repair to a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Perform running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets via maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform unscheduled repairs on locomotives, coaches, and train sets, including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly sophisticated Technical and Troubleshooting repairs on locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Follow all maintenance instructions (where available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Responsible for keeping workstation and work areas clean and free of debris at all times
- Forklift operation, daily cleaning operations, and others as needed
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and incidents have been reported and detailed in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Maintain compliance to all Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) related safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
- 3-5 years of working experience performing collision body/paint repair on Trainsets and or automobiles and working experience with a railroad or other technical agency
- Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock/depot
- You will be required to be available to work any shift designated based on operations
- Experience with FRA relations is optional
- Experience with engine, HVAC, and electrical systems is optional
- Experience with auto body or upholstery/seat repair is preferred
- Experience with welding, including certifications, is desired
- Quality Certifications
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.