Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
You will join the Siemens software development and customer care team as a Power Systems Support Engineer. Along with other team members, you will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries about our world-renowned PSS® software platform. This Windows- and web-based platform is used by a large number of national and international electrical utilities and consulting firms to conduct power system studies that aid in the maintenance, stability, and expansion of the electrical transmission and distribution infrastructure. Given this importance, we are looking for the brightest talents to join our team.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- First point of contact of customers regarding their product queries and – after quickly assessing the situation – determining and initiating the needed resolution path.
- Working with customers on the resolution of fundamental power system simulation challenges and – if needed – shepherding the resolution through subject matter experts, application owners, trainers, or other technical resources.
- Ensuring that all cases are handled appropriately and timely.
- Maintaining, updating, and enhancing the FAQ library to aid quick responses and/or self-service.
- Managing Customer Care related surveys and driving customer satisfaction improvement programs.
- Participation in Quality Assurance tasks such as software product testing
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools
- We will consider candidates with 2-5 years of relevant experience including engineering internships
- Knowledge of transmission system planning or operations with experience in analyzing power flow, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients
- Knowledge in electrical system modeling as it pertains to dynamic system studies
- Hands-On knowledge of PSS®E and/or Network Model Management, ODMS, MOD and/or PSS®SINCAL and/or PSLF
- Programming skills are desired
- Experience in distribution planning and/or production costing will be considered a plus
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.