Do you want to help shape the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Engineer.
Our global team: Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture: Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems.
- Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management
- Adheres to relevant processes and regulations.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitors delivery.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings.
- A Technical or University Degree in Electronics, biomedical or equivalent in a relevant life science subject.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy with knowledge relating to currently approved software and operating systems, networks, and connectivity.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to deal with customers and staff at all levels.
- A thorough knowledge of company procedures, policies, mission, vision and values.
- Ability to sell, good teaching skills, good team worker
- A relevant professional experience in Imagery expertise Minimum of 3 Years
- Ability to manage equipment's and systems installations following the company guidelines and procedures
- English, French and Arabic language skills.
- Innovative and result and quality oriented.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are strong values that represent our company. We commit to studying all applications in accordance with these values and in full transparency.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare SARL
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time