Get started on an exciting career in the electric mobility market!
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions include AC and DC chargers deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems that power electrified bus lines in some of the largest cities in the country.
DC Engineering manager for eMobility DC charging station (eMobility, renewable & green energy)
Coordinating project strategy and managing concerns such as goals, budgets, and timelines.
You'll collaborate with primary stakeholders and see that the team devotes its focus to the right priorities for maximum impact. The team will rely on you to track the curve of innovation and support adoption of sharp, modern methods, processes, and tools.
- DC Engineering manager in electromobility – DC charging technology
- Lead and manage interdisciplinary team of SYS, HW, SW development engineers
- Management and successful execution of multiple localization projects
- Ensure that estimates of manpower needs, costs, and budgets are prepared, established, and monitored; review and evaluate progress of subordinate activities
- Define projects and act as technical leader, assisting others in the solution of complex problems involving diverse areas of various technical disciplines
- Maintain and initiate improvement of HW, SW development tools and methods related to design, test, and product maintenance
- Serve as consultant to upper management in establishing long-range goals and preparing proposals for new business
- Assure effective connection with other development locations and departments to obtain all cooperation and support required for the success of assigned programs
- Contribute to customer relations and acquisition activities
- Build good relationships with everyone on the team and with clients; being a good judge of character is one of the prime responsibilities
- Maintain friendly relationships between colleagues and help detect toxic personalities that could undermine the team’s enthusiasm for the work
- Supervise the engineering and quality assurance staff of ~10-15 people, providing hands-on mentorship and career growth opportunities
- Establish well-informed priority guidance for where to focus engineering work
- Set stakeholder expectations and provide ongoing visibility of product initiative status
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training, support career development
- Collect and report reliability and performance metrics; direct initiatives to improve bottlenecks
- Manage all R&D project engineering schedules, budget and resource allocation
- Interact with different cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of each product release
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or master’s in electrotechnics or related field with ~10 years of experience in hardware development.
- Hardware development experience
- Project Management experience
- DC charging technology knowledge
- Classic and Agile management methods
- Strong and effective communicator
- Troubleshooting and solutions minded
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Fluent English
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s in electrotechnics or related field with ~12-15 years of experience in hardware development
- Certain SW development experience
- MS Project
- MS Office
- US Driver’s license
- Ticket task management tools (i.e. Confluence, Jira)
- Various HW, SW development tools
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.