The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organization’s inventory, ordering and supplying necessary items while maintaining accurate records of all procurements.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate is a good communicator, Analytical, shows initiative, and is a team player with a customer service mindset.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Handle complex high-profile orders from quotation to final payment. Solves problems regarding product issues, including warranty and field service requests.
- Provides inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Partner with the financial team to generate finance reports. Complete month end closings of operational requirements for cost capture, billing and backlog.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient with MS suite of tools including Word, Outlook and Excel. SAP experience preferred.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships both internally and with outside vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.