Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services (SI RSS) is seeking a Branch Finance Manager The Branch FBA works to meet business goals while partnering with branch, sales and operations managers, project/service teams, Finance and Business Administration (FBA) colleagues, and auditors. This position will support the Miami and Charlotte branches.
· Acts as commercial partner to the Branch Managers and assumes responsibility for Branch financial performance. Along with Branch management, is responsible for the Branches financial performance including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
· Leads, manages, and oversees finance, accounting and business administration activities within the Branch for all SI RSS business segments.
· Leads evaluation of current and proposed financial plans/forecasts and makes recommendations to positively impact the Branches growth and profitability.
- Leads the planning and coordination of all Branch related financial activities to drive operational excellence and customer satisfaction including operating results analysis, short and long-range forecasts, and business plan activities.
- Drives, implements and monitors – in cooperation with Zone/Branch Management – productivity initiatives to further improve profitability and competitiveness.
- Partners with Commercial Project Managers, Sales and Operations Managers on large / more impactful projects in the Branches to ensure adequate project controlling.
· Ensures project estimate updates on a monthly basis, works with operations to resolve and correct faulty estimates, and enforces company revenue recognition policy.
· Ensures and enforces effective internal controls, policies and procedures exist in compliance with IFRS/GAAP and other federal, state and local requirements, professional standards and company policies.
· Analyzes and reports risks and opportunities, inconsistencies and fraud evidence to Zone FBA.
· Monitors operating expense controls and makes recommendations to ensure achievement of cost-savings and continuous improvement measures.
· Assumes responsibility for inventory valuation through sound financial control policies and procedures.
· Responsible to provide adequate support to ensure employees’ high-quality performance and development.
· Provides or directs appropriate financial training to sales, operations, and financial teams in the Branch to ensure their understanding of policies and procedures impacting integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
· May be assigned direct or indirect responsibility for management of employees performing Zone finance and/or accounting functions.
· May participate in special projects related to either the local business or in support of field or home office initiatives.
· Supports contract execution and reviews contract in order to provide financial guidance to positively impact Net Working Capital and limit contract risks.
·Acts as company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to foster successful relationships and positive SBT image.
· Reviews and has signature authority for contracts, purchase orders and change orders related to all aspects of the business.
· Maintains relationship with largest / most critical Customers as appropriate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
· Required experience: 7-10 years broad Accounting/ Finance experience with 3+ years in a managerial role.
· Strong financial, leadership, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills required.
· Has demonstrated a history of taking on ever increasing levels of responsibility and ability to act independently.
· Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English with the ability to interact appropriately with customers and all levels of management.
25% Travel required for this position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· MBA / CPA preferred.
· Experience in construction industry a plus. Knowledge of construction accounting with bond and lien law experience preferred.
· Understanding of GAAP/IFRS and internal controls.
· Proficiency with related SAP modules
Competitive salary based on qualifications
Health, dental, and vision plans with options
Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
Paid parental leave
Company cell phone and laptop
Extensive product training and professional career development
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family
responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status,
disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military
status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and
regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.