Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an Electrical Estimator to support their project business. The candidate makes recommendations relative to cost evaluations and value engineering. Activities are tracked and documented according to standards established by the SI Procurement Organization and reports the results of negotiations in designated on-line tools. This person reports to the electrical estimating manager and have no direct reports.
The candidate analyzes conceptual or detailed job designs, specifications, and drawings to provide cost estimates for material and labor to be sourced externally for building automation, fire safety, and security electrical installation. Based upon these estimates, the candidate prepares/assists with development of RFPs and either leads or assists in negotiations to establish subcontractor pricing.
The candidate collaborates with procurement, sales, engineering and at times with customers to understand and/or develop the scope of work that will be awarded. From time to time the candidate visits job sites within the Zone and compiles additional background for his/her estimates.
These clarifications and solidifications of scope will be passed along to the subcontractors to ensure appropriate understanding of the job to be performed. The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and be familiar with state and municipal codes. The candidate will assist in maintaining Siemens databases that include market labor and material cost factors and that shall permit a high level of estimate efficiency. Those databases must provide a level of detail that is critical to support successful negotiations with subcontractors.
The candidate will provide on-site electrical installation estimation training to subcontractors nationwide. Additionally, training to sales and operations personnel along with insights into current labor trends and material costs will also be provided.
- Minimum of 5 years of estimating experience in the electrical installation industry, including significant experience estimating labor and material for building automation, fire safety, or security system controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience will be considered
- Good financial analysis skills in determining risk.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for contacts with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management.
- Strong computer skills are required, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external).
- Demonstrated understanding cost drivers associated to electrical installation
- Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills
- Demonstrated value engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups
- Training experience a plus
- Solid project management and continuous improvement skills required
- Experience using Accubid, or other comparable estimating software systems
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.