Sr. Manager Projects – Pakistan/Karachi or Lahore
We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our Siemens Generation & Industrial Application Services as Senior Manager - Projects and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects i.e from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Services Department provides Rotary Equipment (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors, Generators) Services covering Sales, Proposals, Outage Execution and Onsite Field Services in the Country. The role would cover responsibilities related to management & execution of Long Term Services Agreements and Standard outages/project execution. The role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset.
- Lead and guide a multi-discipline team for project execution to meet customer requirements.
- Primary contact for Customer for all contract related matters.
- Lead project implementation from planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing phase not limited to coordination of functions of planning, service engineering, field service, supply chain management and performance of machines
- Collaborate with all aspects of Siemens internal teams and departments such as Operations, Engineering, Field Services, Global and Regional teams, etc.
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion - Bears full responsibility for projects performance: project scope and changes, project risks spot and mitigation, project plan, project execution control, project status reporting, project handover after completion.
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions initiates actions to minimize project non-conformance cost.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
- Coordinate project communications internally and externally (reporting, correspondence, meetings, etc.)
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle.
- Consults with customers on technical solutions, together Siemens internal teams & departments.
- Stakeholder analysis and updating internal and external stakeholders of project features in terms of project’s scope, timeline, financials, risks, and opportunities etc
- Maintains lessons learned throughout the entirety of the project.
- Ensure compliance to standards, rules, and regulations. Set necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health, and safety, set up framework to regularly check compliance of in projects and with subcontractors
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) from an accredited university or college
- Typically, 12-15 years of successful project management/planning experience, including 5 years as Project Manager
- PMI (PMP) Certification preferred
- Experience in Power Plants, Oil & Gas, and large execution projects etc
- Knowledge & experience of rotating equipment like Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors and Generator- Experience of handling Long Term Services Agreement of Rotating Equipment
- Proven track record of people development and continuous improvement
- Strong focus on customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action; implementing service practices
- Strong leadership required, organizational change to assure integration of various team members
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time optimally and lead multiple projects
- Strong communication & presentation skills to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external Customers
- Experience with Risk management - opportunities, risk mitigation, appropriate planning to reduce impact of risks etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint)
- Willing and able to do travelling (40-50% of your time)
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time