We are Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us, check this video -
Join our Team as C++ Software Engineer Advanced and work fully remote or office based !
About this Role
This position is in the Design Manager Division of the business unit that develops Simcenter STAR-CCM+, which is a multi-physics simulation tool with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools in a single application. Design Manager Division is developing the best in class Design Exploration tool by embedding optimization, DOE, response surface models and reliability and robustness, algorithms from HEEDS into Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Design Manager allows user to explore the design space early in the design cycle by running thousands of simulations in a high performance compute environment. Design Manager intelligent data analysis module enables user to analyze big data from thousands of simulations in a single environment with intuitive and comparative Plots and 3D scenes.
Challenges we are facing in the next few years include
- Improving our ability to configure and run Design Manager in a distributed network
- Moving our solution into the cloud environment
- Building the network of simulation server/services which can cooperate to solve design exploration problem
- Allowing user to monitor and analyze the results from web
- Intelligent data analysis by incorporating Machine Learning and AI
What we are looking For
We are looking for a Software Engineer with an interest in Design Exploration and multi physics simulation domain to help build the best class Design Manager product in the cloud. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate so if you are debating whether to apply, we would encourage you to do so!
- Design, implement and test server-side code in C++ and client/user interface code in Java
- Develop automated tests in C++ and Java
- Review, test and fix code written by other developers
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and precisely for collaboration across a large, distributed development organization
- Work with product management and other stakeholders to understand business needs and motivations
- Contributing to architectural design discussions, participating in peer-based reviews, building new features, perform root cause analysis and improving our current code base
- Collaborating closely with a large, distributed team of developers, quality assurance engineers, managers, and support services to gather requirements, design, implement, test and deploy CAE interoperability features
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
- Using systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Bitbucket
- Travel when necessary (up to 2%) for planning and collaboration
- At least 3 years of professional development in a related field with a Master’s Degree (or commensurate experience) in a computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in C++, Java, object-oriented software development, modern design patterns and principles (e.g., SOLID principles) and an understanding of algorithmic complexity.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly, present data concisely, and balance multiple tasks and take ownership of results.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, Bitbucket, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.)
Nice if you have
- Experience with distributed systems in general, especially in web, cloud or multiplayer gaming environments
- Experience in developing socket communication, parallel programming, and file import/export and runtime process management
- Understands the architecture of large scale Cloud solutions
- Experience in designing and developing responsive UI applications for web
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time