Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Planning and Procurement Director, the incumbent will use positive leadership to plan production and coordinate activities in the power panel sector according to the company’s policies and procedures. The Production Planner will actively support and collaborate with the supervisory team and solve problems within his/her work team.
- Confirm customer orders;
- Prepare and optimize the production plan according to the production sector’s capacity, customer requirements and the availability of components;
- Generate, track and confirm work orders for operations;
- Identify and communicate sub-assembly requirements to the relevant departments;
- Track orders in production, along with those that are ready to ship;
- Manage and analyze component inventories in collaboration with the procurement department;
- Prepare, maintain and communicate various performance indicators;
- Update the SAP ECC software package hardware and inventory management parameters;
- Help prepare purchasing forecasts for our strategic suppliers in collaboration with the procurement department;
- Promote the continuous improvement of procedures and processes within the department and the company.
This position requires in-person availability at our Drummondville factory/office.
What will you need to succeed?
- College degree in logistics, management, or any manufacturing-related field;
- Three years’ experience in a similar position;
- Different but equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Experience with the SAP ECC software package an asset;
- Experience with the Opcenter APS planning software an asset;
- Able to demonstrate rigour, resourcefulness, initiative and determination;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Able to work in a team while demonstrating a collaborative mindset and strong priority management skills;
- Very good knowledge of the Office 365 Suite, particularly Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of French (spoken and written);
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.