Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - check out our communities!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What is this role?
The Digital Deployment Specialist (DDS) is a quality-focused role and is responsible for confirming the completeness and accuracy of the Digital Deployment package (DDP). The primary focus is to gather all the required inputs for a complete system, but the DDS may also load programs, perform quality tests, and support the deployment of the system to the customer.
When is the DDS involved?
Any time there is a programming or graphic output from the Global Operations Center, the DDS will confirm the completeness and accuracy of the Digital Deployment Package. The DDS focuses on solutions projects with graphics and programming.
Who does the DDS support?
- Project Manager – The DDS validates and confirms the completeness and accuracy of the Digital Deployment Package and notifies the Project Manager when the Digital Deployment Package is ready for Deployment.
- Specialists – The DDS confirms the completeness of the Digital Deployment Package, including license requirements for Siemens hardware and software, and confirms required third-party integration files are present.
What is the DDS main tasks once fully trained?
- Confirm that engineering submittal package is completed. Check for drawing consistency.
- Confirm object naming, BACnet number, and IP ranges. Confirm riser information is included.
- Review output from programming provided by the Global Operations Center (GOC) and National Operations Center (NOC). Review output from programming provided by the GOC/NOC.
- Review point databases, units, slopes/intercepts, alarming requirements, sequence of operation review.
- Confirm virtual points. Loads DXR’s, if applicable,
- Divides the site database into separate files for installation (Pack-N-Go).
- Confirm that test scripts for commissioning are included.
- After installation, receives modified database files from specialist and assembles into site database (Pack-N-Return). Review output from graphics provided by the GOC/NOC.
- Verify backgrounds Vs submittal mechanical drawings. Confirm virtual points are integrated and fully functional.
- Confirm live point objects are liked correctly. Review GUI navigation.
- Gather required Siemens licenses (Desigo, PXC, DXR, etc.)
- Installs Desigo CC and project backup on the customer’s server prior to shipping server to customer site.
- Assist with cRSP set-up. Factory witness testing when applicable.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience in the specialized area of Building Automation.
- Good knowledge of engineering fundamentals, construction methods, internet of things and API integrations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Siemens Certified Education and Talent Academy (SCETA) Students that have been in the field as part of their Siemens training can apply and will be given strong consideration.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.