Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- The Fabrication worker will have the responsibility to run multiple activities related to the transformation processes of sheet metal and copper in a Switchgear and transfer switches manufacturing environment.
- They will be accountable to learn and operate different machines utilized within the fabrication area: Punch, press brake, paint line, plating line, powder coating, among others. Activities are monitored and assigned by Fabrication lead. Assignment of machines will be based on business necessities and candidate’s performance.
- The Fabrication worker will review product/part specifications (drawing and/or program) to run pre-assigned process/machine.
What are the responsibilities?
- Work in a team on complex tasks and get the tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Lead and understand mechanical diagrams, drawings and operate a computer to pull programs.
- Work with basic tools (drill, saw, etc).
- Detail oriented to ensure proper fabrication work is done in a timely manner and with the quality expected by the customer.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work daily/weekend overtime as required to meet production demand.
- Kowledge of safe working practices.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Able to read and write.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours.
- Ability to operate basic tools.
- High School Education or GED equivalent
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.