Siemens is looking for a Supplier Quality Professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.Responsibilities
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are essential for success in this position.
- Works with multi-functional departments including production, engineering, projects management and logistics for fast resolution of the supplier issues.
- Evaluates supplier’s systems, products, components, and applications against technical and quality requirements.
- Applies preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific Quality requirements, specifications and concepts based on supplier categorization.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Siemens requirements.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electronics or equivalent.
- Proven experience taking care of sophisticated electromechanical systems in Quality related field related.
- Some travel required including some international travel.
- Multi-functional work experience in major areas such as product engineering, supply management, project management, manufacturing, or operations
- Expert problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible team player based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, committed, and able to apply resources outside quality area.
- Prefer Certified Quality Engineer/Manager (CQE/CQM)
- Rail Industry Experience in Quality
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.