Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries Software is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm
About the role
Join our team as “Database Management Consultant - PCB" anywhere remotely in the UK.
- You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will develop design methodologies to exploit and expand use of Siemens EDA Xpedition and EDM products. You will need strong communication skills consulting and presenting to customers to articulate how the Siemens EDA Xpedition and EDM tool suite will help them to maximize the performance of the leading edge technologies in their designs.
- You will need to point out gaps in the customers design flow and articulate what is possible to increase the customer’s design capability while driving efficiencies in their development flow to meet their Time-To-Market (TTM) goals with high quality. You must have experience in design and data management, the ability to understand and accommodate customer IT architectures, databases, and strong programming and scripting skills associated with the intended focus.
- We are looking for a person who is or can grow into a technical leadership position, potentially guiding new recruits in support of the overall System Practice. You will liaison with our EBS product division, especially in areas of advanced development, customizations, development, and maintenance of the Consulting and Learning Services (CLS) generated applications used in advanced processes in our customer base.
Preferred technical background
- Strong knowledge in HW and SW development.
- Strong knowledge in both EDM design & library methodology, tools, and design flow.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, programming and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Siemens EDA Xpedition and EDM tools.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java)
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively.
- Master and/or bachelor degree in engineering background or a related field
- Business level in English
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time