How can you help us shape the future as a Material Handler?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will support the Fabrication Department in the movement of freight, stock, supplies and other materials from one area to another. You will be loading and unloading items onto trucks, shelves or pallets. The weekly schedule for this position is 6am - 6pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Work 36 hours, get paid for 40!
What are the responsibilities?
- Operates tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. manual and powered sit-down and stand-up industrial trucks.)
- Pulls packaged and palletized parts from warehouse and storage areas for fabrication areas.
- Completes final confirmations and delivery documentation through SAP data management system.
- Operates shrink wrapping and lift assists machine to secure package material.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, work area and back yard shipping area to ensure accurate functioning and safe working conditions.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Currently be serving in the role of Material Handler a plus.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.