Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Become part of our international bid team and contribute to our ambitious strategies and successful business activities within the business segment Rail infrastructure.
· In your new role as solution & bid support engineer, you are responsible for the timely preparation of installation, testing and commissioning estimates for mainline and mass transit project competitive bids of high quality in cooperation with the specialist departments and the regional units.
· With your practical expertise in installation, testing and commissioning, you will be the subject matter expert in all our bids. You will inspect potential constructions sites, estimate outlay, and ensure compliance with all statutory provisions (in particular EHS).
· For this purpose, you analyze the tender documents, check technical feasibility, create bid strategies, and control the bid process from offer preparation until conclusion, while adhering to the bid cost budget.
· In this context, you prepare the customized bid documentation as well as an optimized quotation costing under consideration of the target price.
· You proactively manage risks and opportunities during the bidding phase, thereby laying the foundation for successful project execution in the event of an order.
Knowledge & Experience
· You have bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronic / mechanical engineering.
· 8-12 years of professional experience with relevant experience in projects related with signaling systems in Railway projects.
· You can offer extensive professional experience in the installation, testing and commissioning of railway signaling solutions. And estimates the efforts to close the projects including man and material.
· You are having strong negotiation and management skills to manage contractor and manpower.
· You know the PM@Siemens and LoA process.
· You are familiar with dealing with multiple internal and external partners in an intercultural environment to achieve a common target.
· You are used to prioritize and manage your own time effectively and to think outside the box, where necessary.
· You have a precise and result oriented style of working and you know how to present the essentials to the management.
· A fluent command of English is necessary for this role- ideally combined with good German skills, as well as a willingness to travel internationally round off your profile. Further language skills are an advantage.
· Intercultural experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based out of Bangalore to support international bids. Depending upon bid needs, may need to travel different parts of the world.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time