Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Partake in technical design reviews, integration, testing, documentation work and implementation of Cyber Security in Power Transmission System [HVDC/FACTS] within a team of project engineers in Control & Protection test setup environment.
• Identify threats and develop suitable defense measures, evaluate system changes for security implications, and recommend enhancements, research, and draft cyber security white papers, and provide first-class support to the cyber security operations staff for resolving difficult cyber security issues
• Manage and lead security incident response efforts.
• Configure Windows based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems.
• Support with the installation and configuration of network security architectures, including firewalls, router ACLs (Access Control Lists), web content filters and Demilitarized Zones (DMZ).
• You evaluate HVDC/FACTS customer specifications and prepare offers (including cost calculation) for the cyber security area. You plan and conduct IT security training for our internal employees and external customers.
• You will also support commissioning and the after-sales area in the analysis of weak points - scans and in the implementation of measures to close security gaps.
HVDC - High Voltage Direct Current ; FACTS – Flexible AC Transmission System.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• University degree in communications engineering, computer science or a comparable course of study.
• 4-6 years plus of relevant professional experience in the field of Computer systems, Network management and IT security.
• Experiences with working and configuration of network devices (Cisco, Ruggedcom, Checkpoint) along with understanding of network technologies.
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Domain Controllers, configuration, and implementation of DNS, WSUS, Group policies and associated roles and services.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing standards such as ISO/IEC 27001 ,IEEE 1686, IEC 62443, IEEE C37.240-2014 etc.
• Proficiency in programing and scripting languages C/C++, Python, bash, power shell is preferable.
• Preferable - Certified in cyber security implementation techniques from globally renowned institutions (e.g., CSX-P by ISACA).
• Good team player, self-confident, motivated, and independent.
• Current knowledge of technology capabilities and trends; types, and techniques of hacking attacks in the wild.
• In order to find your way around in your international environment, you have business fluency in English and prepared for occasional business trips.
• High ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Goa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time