We're hiring a Technical Support Specialist position in Wilmington, Delaware, to capture remote data from our fleet to predict maintenance routines for our customers. This role entails direct support in fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for the Siemens Locomotives and duties to support our business. The Technical Support Specialist also provides technical guidance to our reliability and service managers' contractual depots and administrative services. This position requires on-site attendance and works in a 24/7/365 work rotation.Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and equipment surveillance support for Siemens' locomotives at the Amtrak Mechanical Desk in Wilmington, DE.
- Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize downtime and costs.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Field Service Technicians to monitor and improve maintenance practices.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 shift pattern to provide real-time support to end-users.
- Measure and track performance against agreed-upon reliability targets.
- Support Failure Investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Regular review and update maintenance practices, impacting documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Support the development of a Continuous Improvement Program.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the Customer's problems, figuring out cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to tackle the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Generate Work Orders for locomotives using Amtrak's Work Management System.
- Use Siemens' Railigent® to monitor fleet performance and failures and disseminate findings to team personnel and the Customer.
- Associate Degree in a technical field or proven practical maintenance and operational experience. (Railway experience preferred).
- Ability to solve practical problems, exercise initiative, and deal with various changing situations.
- Must be computer literate and know computerized maintenance management systems - MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau preferred.
- Must demonstrate core proficiencies of effective communications, listening, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand equipment blueprints and maintenance/operation manuals.
- Must quickly and efficiently learn project-specific software programs and online tools.
- Background or formal training in Quality tools, e.g., six sigma, Cause mapping, 5s.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports using analytics and business intelligence platforms like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, or similar.
- Experience with basic Excel/VBA/SQL programming, with experience applying script logic to extract, analyze, or process data.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.