Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Performs and supervises preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities. Coordinates and leads facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS. Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects. Lead or supervise the development of preliminary and final performance contracting proposals. Creates or supervise the development of performance assurance plans and assists with performance contracting contracts. Monitors project performance particularly those that guarantee savings. Mentor and manage less experienced EES staff and develop the audit and calculation methodologies to be used by EES staff. Manage relationships with energy sub contracting partners, product vendors, and current and as well potential future customers.
- Coordinates and lead facility site visits and communicate design concepts with outside vendors, consultants, or Siemens project managers as it pertains to the scope of the FIMs. Continually research new vendor technologies / energy saving products to maintain EES project scope competitive edge.
- Manage and mentor less experience EES staff. Develop local relationships with EES subcontractors, State officials, product vendors, & consultants. Develop audit and calculation methodologies to be used by EES staff.
- Develops and/or reviews design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMS. Utilize DART to an other financial spreadsheets to prepare project FIM by FIM cost and savings financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return.
- Performs and/or supervises preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities. Take or supervise equipment measurements, data logging, and equipment trending necessary to determine energy savings opportunity.
- Directly work with or supervise EES staff with building energy simulation programs or excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy savings as well as analyze operational costs to identify operational savings
- Leads or supervises the development of preliminary and final performance contracting proposals.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations.
- Review the development of the measurement and verification contract document.
- Supervise the taking of pre and post savings measurements and the savings guarantee documents depending on the availability or capabilities of local performance assurance specialist resources.
- Provide project development assistance to sell stand alone energy service projects or development of LEED, Green Globs or similar sustainable solutions.
- Reports to Branch Engineering Operations Manager, Sales Manager or Branch Manager
- Directs day to day activities of the development team assigned to their development
- Provide employee feedback to Supervisor on team members performance
- Responsible for successfully securing the Performance Contract from the Customer.
- Manage all Project Stakeholder, internal and external, with Account Sales Lead..
- BS or MS in engineering or applicable degree; Energy, CEM and PE preferred
- 8+ years of experience in energy or engineering field.Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High level of knowledge of HVAC systems, building control systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic water systems. Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes
- Knowledge of Analytics and Distributed Energy system; Solar, Combined Heat & Power
- Understanding of Enterprise Customer business structure
- Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability of APOGEE Insite and ability to use other building automation systems trending functions.
- Proficiency with building modeling programs.
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IMVP performance assurance methodologies.
- Knowledge of Siemens EES performance contract processes.
- Risk management, procurement & performance assurance. Experience managing EES team through all phases of Siemens and local performance contract processes.
- Knowledge of local performance contracting enabling legislation and M&V guarantee methods specific to the market
- Work is generally performed in an office location with minimal noise and routine distractions.
- Travel to customer sites is required, overnight travel is dependent on the Development Project, but will include any location within the Zone or assigned designated Zone.
- Must be able to safely navigate and survey customer sites that include interior and exterior of the locations, mechanical and electrical areas that include but not limited to; Health Care facilities, Industrial Operations, Lab and Research facilities ,Pharmaceutical Operations, Schools and Government facilities
- Must be able to carry and employ basic test equipment including but not limited to; IR cameras, laptop, temperature sensing test equipment
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment n the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.