Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Your new role – challenging and future-
The main task is the Low Voltage Electrical HW Engineering for automated Baggage / Cargo handling systems. The engineering is based on standard library and design rules for the systems using automated tools.
- Concept engineering according to engineering toolchain:
- Power consumption, voltage drop, short circuit current calculation
- Basic configuration according to design rules
- Use Engineering Tools and Engineering standard modules for the preparation of design documents.
- Creation of electrical PLC layouts in AUTOCAD.
- Creation of the wiring diagrams in EPLAN P8 including the automated reports (cable list, I/O list, component list)
- Support the project manager / HW team for creation of specifications to sub-contractors (cabinet manufacturer, electrical installation)
- Creation of document packages for Installation company, supply chain management.
- Manage and provide technical guidance to colleagues within the Electrical hardware team.
- To adopt best practices in engineering and ensure delivery with highest quality.
- Coordinate and work with global electrical hardware engineering team for large scale global projects.
- Actively communicate and provide work progress reports to project colleagues in India and various regions across the world.
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering (or similar)
- 10-12 years of experience as electrical HW design engineer.
- Expert tool knowledge:
- Eplan P8
- MS Office
- MS Visio (Optional)
- Expert knowledge of electrical plant design (cable dimension, power estimation, voltage drop calculation, feeder calculation).
- Detailed knowledge of Siemens low voltage products, SIMATIC HW products and Variable frequency drives.
- Detailed knowledge about HW configuration of PLC field bus systems (Profinet, Profibus, Asi bus)
- Extensive experience in design of PLC control cabinets
- Knowledge of project engineering process, including interfaces to installation and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of International / Indian standard design rules for electrical cabinets and field installation.
- Knowledge of safety regulations (emergency stop)
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to lead a team of engineers, ability to communicate, stress resistance, strong commitment to reach the organizational goals.
- PLC Programming knowledge ( not necessary but would be an advantage)
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel within India / Abroad for short or longer term.
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about Siemens Logistics at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens at:
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time