The Senior/Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing engineering submittals, required on key design contracts, and acts as the lead technical point of contact for the project team. A successful candidate will have experience reviewing customer specifications for their technical content, engaging with product marketing experts, and overseeing the generation of an overall Security solution for a larger project team. The Project Engineer will provide engineering and equipment subcontractor oversight, in close partnership with the overall Project Manager.
Review of customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for key customer projects
Prepare drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
Ability to generate a system one line diagram, and determine a technology offering that provides the best value solution to the Customer
Ability to review the tender specification and perform sensors, control valves selection
Able to source for Vendor/subcon quotations and raise order for approval.
Ability to develop a project execution plan and cost the plan per the Customer specifications
Ability to identify project risk and associated liability and understand how to mitigate the risk and liability
Ability to present project solutions to Customers and assist with Customer specification development
Able to work within teams and product groups, internal and external
Support project turnover activities to the project execution team
Conduct inspection with client’s representative or inspector, ensure site progress are as per Project schedule. Able to manage the Site progress.
Able to coordinate with other interfacing vendors or internal /external vendor.
Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible.
Support / Assist in developing new bid strategies, and market assessment tools as well as the execution process when require.
Required Education and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Or Diploma in Building Automation and Services.
• 3+ years’ experience in a technical role; which may include Building Management system, understand HVAC design, commissioning, or installation will be a plus. Understand the interface via ModBus, Bacnet, etc.
• Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for Building Management systems. Chilled water system or Chiller Plant optimization (Green Mark) will be a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills with managing large engineering submittal packages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
• Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics; AutoCAD experience a plus
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• Experience with Building Management system or Data Centre or chiller optimization is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time