As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Ensuring the highest standards in engineering supporting the solution business of Siemens Ltd. worldwide. Should be a phenomenal teammate to engage in a fruitful collaboration with the business partners. Supporting international projects in the regions and on site in a self-reliant style.
You will be responsible to:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and provide technical support for hardware and software systems that support power plant/utilities control system.
- System Administrators design, analyze, install, configure, upgrade, test, document, monitor and maintain software and hardware in support of a secure operational network for ultra-high availability environments.
- Supported systems may include operating systems (Linux and Windows), network hardware, server hardware, security tools, monitoring tools, Web servers, Application servers, Integration servers, and other applications or systems.
- Coordinates and provides user training on supported systems.
- Prepares necessary electronic, written, and oral reports, summaries, forms, and documentation covering various products' software and operation from samples, studies, statistics, and outside resources.
- Consults with business units, and other OT organizations with planning, designing, configuring of OT solutions.
- Assists with installing, upgrading, testing, monitoring, tuning, documenting, and maintaining software and/or hardware in accordance with established OT policies and procedures and may participate in installation or upgrade projects or teams.
- As needed, use skills and expertise to enable reliable and secure operation of 24/7 mission critical systems and applications.
- Provides regular and periodic maintenance of supported applications.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis; troubleshooting methodology; detailed problem documentation; other requirements in support of Problem Management
- Review contract and seek clarifications
- Develop engineering concepts and schemes, seek approval from customer
- Prepare engineering drawings & documents, guide and monitor junior colleague, ensure correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer
- specifications, interface with customers / consultants/ internal departments for technical discussions & approvals, report progress (including risks) and key issues to superiors to meet project engineering schedules / milestones
- Prepare system integration procedure, obtain approvals, supervise & conduct system integration tests / FAT in line with the procedure, review results to ensure that the delivered system meets the required project specifications.
- Technical support to execution group during techno- commercial negotiations and offer preparation to achieve cost effective solutions & timely execution of the project.
- Conducting training of client, in- house engineers in order to maintain the system properly, to reduce engineering and commissioning time and to induce the customer confidence in the system.
- Ready to travel engineering and commissioning site in India and abroad.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Should have good knowledge of networking.
- SCADA Systems: Simatic S7, TIA & WinCC engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable
- Profile requires pre knowledge of Bid management of power plant automation systems
- Person should be efficient in cost and price calculations and commercial and legal aspects related to project contracts
- Knowledge of communication interfaces like MPI, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet TCP/IP
- Excellent English language skills. Knowledge of foreign languages e.g., German, Spanish, French will have added advantage.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time