Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Quantity Surveying? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
We have expertise in many areas of technology including traffic systems, rail signalling, electrification, rolling stock and communication systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
This role is based within Siemens Mobility, whose client portfolio includes Transport for London, Network Rail, various train operating companies, London Underground and many more.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Quantity Surveying.
- Immerse yourself in our rail systems technology projects to put theory into practice, enhance your skills, and be ready for future graduate roles with us.
- Get to grips with all aspects of Contract Administration – the mechanisms and procedures that apply at various stages of a contract
- Roll your sleeves up for some Contract Practice, and immerse yourself in the day-to-day operations of the project
- Understand the implications and obligations that apply to everyone involved in the contract
- Look after the financial management aspects of your project, such as change procedures, valuations, loss and expense and final accounts
- Prepare and present reports on the performance of a project
- Give effective forecasting of costs, risks and their financial implications
- Carry out measurement and quantification to cost things up
- Seek out opportunities that strengthen your skills and knowledge and prepare you for a future with Siemens
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Quantity Surveying
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Quantity Surveying. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time