Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
This position welcomes applications from Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, United States, Spain, Sweden.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop industry specific workflow tools that leverage the power of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. This position will be part of the Industry Solutions team, which works closely with Product Development, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing to make Simcenter STAR-CCM+ the leading CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)-focused multiphysics solution in the industry.
As a Software Engineer at Siemens Digital Industries Software, you will contribute to the creation and maintenance of industry specific web-based workflow tools (Web Apps). You will be a member of an agile product development team working collaboratively with others in the broader engineering organization. You will contribute to architecture decisions and help make technological choices that are easily scalable to build a range of web applications.
Primary job functions:
- Collaborate and contribute towards development of cloud-based applications
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Application Specialists and Support Engineers to understand requirements, propose technical solutions and implement those solutions with high quality and scalable software
- Help shape GraphQL/REST APIs developed by other teams and ensure they align with our requirements
- Be a self-starter and dive into a codebase, take ownership of the project and move it forward
- Communicate product developments to internal customers (product management, internal user community) with some limited exposure/interaction with external customers.
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (Computer Science is highly desirable) with 1-3 years’ experience in designing and developing web applications
- Passion for building scalable, maintainable and high-quality software
- Experience designing web APIs
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player. Your team and the teams that you will be interacting with are geographically dispersed across different time zones. Your ability and willingness to work in a remote environment in a geographically distributed team is essential to your and the team’s success.
- Experience developing web-apps on Mendix platform
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) tools/methods (CFD is highly desirable, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a big plus)
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time