Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd is an operating company of Siemens AG Germany. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalisation, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainable over the entire life cycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Siemens Mobility Division has around 40,000 employees worldwide.
An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated commercial professional to apply their strong commercial project delivery and execution knowledge in the global Siemens Mobility business. The Senior Commercial Project Manager to join our Mobility Team will be based in our office in Brisbane, Australia. The successful candidate will be responsible to lead and manage the commercial execution of a multitude of Australia Rail Projects across different business Segments working closely with the Australian Mobility Team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work jointly and guiding the commercial project team members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity
- Lead major projects according to the PM@Siemens guideline in the role as Commercial Project Manager and acting as World Project Controller for designated projects
- Interact, cooperate and collaborate with an international project team and drive success across business units
- Ensuring the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
- Ensuring the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP and ensuring their compliance
- Supporting the Project Manager so that the financial results according to the set targets are managed, optimizing the project gross profit, cash flow using assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicating with customer's and subcontractors’ commercial representatives while managing the resolution of commercial issues.
- Together with the PM proactively setting up and drive with all stakeholders a contract and claim management strategy throughout the project delivery phase.
- Supporting the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities
- Supporting the Project Manager to select and involve partners / subcontractors.
- Representing the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Agreeing on targets with commercial project staff and delegates
- Controlling of Balance sheet and cost centers for the assigned projects
The successful candidate:
- Holds a degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Economics, with sound understanding
- of Project Management methodologies.
- Demonstrates experience in a project-based organisation which is essential for this role, as
- well as capabilities in project accounting.
- Ideally has experience with the application and execution of the Siemens New Collaboration Model for large international projects (or equivalent) and has a corresponding commercial project certification.
- Shows strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to build sound working
- relationships paired with your experience in executing contracts.
- Has excellent SAP and Excel skills which will ensure your success in this role.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We support a diverse workforce
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time