Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Procurement Engineer to support us in optimizing our externally sourced components.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
1. Within the scope of X-ray tube system developments, you are responsible for tendering and cost optimization of externally procured components and coordinate the strategic early supplier integration.
2. In cost optimization programs ("DTC") and the implementation of change requests, you actively work in a cross-functional team with colleagues in development, SCM and quality management to achieve the schedule and target costs.
3. With your technical expertise, you are the central point of contact for commodity managers to assess the technological requirements of the business. You support colleagues in implementing the respective strategy in the context of procurement.
4. Identifying and introducing innovative supplier ideas into our product development process, e.g. in our technology clusters, is also part of your tasks.
5. You take over the development and maintenance of the global network of experts and the integration of suitable, higher-level decision-making bodies in purchasing, location, and business line.
6. You are responsible for price negotiations of national and international suppliers in the context of new orders, as well as for the negotiation of development contracts.
Your qualifications and experience:
1. You have bachelor’s degree, major in Engineering.
2. You have several years professional experience in purchasing or as an interface to purchasing with global team.
3. You have basic business knowledge as well as sound knowledge of contract law (supplier contracts, development contracts or similar).
4. You have excellent collaboration, communication & negotiation skills.
5. You have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens X-Ray Vacuum Technology Ltd., Wuxi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time