- In Collaboration with all relevant stakeholders (e.g., Chapter & Delivery Lead, Business) and based on predefined business requirements, you design the Intra-Architecture of our Data Warehouse and Data Lake of Today and Tomorrow.
- This includes end-2-end responsibility form taking over the business requirements for a specific use case/ user story, translating them into technical solution designs and ensuring that your technical concepts are developed by your data engineering colleagues as requested.
- We work use case and project oriented, meaning that you take a leading role within the squad(s) you are assigned to as Technical Lead (e.g., for an upcoming migration a/o data integration project).
- In close collaboration with the Lead Data Architect, you develop further, govern, and communicate our Data Warehouse Architecture & Data Modelling Guidelines & Principles and thus ensure a standardized Data Warehouse Delivery and build of new features.
- You advise and support your data engineering colleagues in all their activities, proactively include the requirements of other colleagues (e.g., DWH Automation, Compliance & Governance/ GDPR/ Finance Regulatory) and always keep an eye on the needs of your squads and customers.
- You support your key management stakeholders, e.g., via well-targeted technical consultancy, effort estimation for the implementation of new features and preparation of senior and C-Level management meetings.
- You identify knowledge gaps in the squads and develop recommendations for action to close them eventually (e.g., through suggestions for training, coaching, workshops, etc.).
- As you also are familiar with at least one programming language (e.g., SQL, Python) you take over smaller software programming tasks if necessary.
- The basis of your success is a degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration or equivalent with at least +3 years’ experience - Gained Knowledge in Finance and Banking Industry is a big plus.
- You are an enthusiast on data, data warehousing and engineering and you have gain several years of experience as a Data Warehouse Architect/ DWH Solution Design Expert in your current a/o previous positions or you are a Data Warehouse Developer with the willingness to make the next big move in her/ his/ its carrier.
- You have worked and gained practical knowledge with Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies (ideally Snowflake on Azure).
- You are familiar with innovative technologies and concepts of the Azure Eco-System (Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure Data Factory, Kafka/ CDC, Docker/ Containerization, AKS/ Kubernetes, Azure Directory (AD), Data Warehouse Automation and API).
- You are familiar and you have a proven track record in Data Modelling with Data Vault 2.0.
- You have a proven track within the diverse fields of Data Warehouse Architecture (Data Vault 2.0, Multiple Layer-, Lamda-, Kappa-), Data Processing (Load Design Patterns, CDC, Stream, Batch, etc.) a/o in the setup and roll-out of complex rights-role concepts.
- At least, advanced programming experience in SQL.
- Familiarity with Design Patterns and Object-Oriented thinking.
- High motivation to meet deadlines, hands-on mentality, flexibility, and proactive support.
- High agile mindset, as well as particularly effective communication and presentation skills.
- English is necessary, German would be a plus.
- A proven project experience in migrating on-premises data warehouses such as SAP BW / SAP HANA, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server to the Cloud (ideally Snowflake on Azure) would be a great plus.
- A further programming Languages (e.g., SQL, Python, Java, C++) would be a plus.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services AB
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time