Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Responsibility for analyzing and commenting on customer specification, writing clarifications and seeking amendments
• Responsibility for preparation of technical and commercial bidding documents for high voltage equipment. Technical support of sales and project management
• Technical responsibility of designing and standardization of High Voltage equipment for HVDC and Grid Access projects with regard to design to cost
• Responsibility for writing equipment specifications, verifying test plans and optimizing the design of equipment under consideration of the HVDC-system specific requirements
• Responsibility for checking and approving drawings, bills of material and other documentation
• Technical responsibility for timely and cost-effective management of components to be processed
• Responsibility for coordination of acceptance tests, participation in tests and customer support; Assurance of test documentation in accordance with customer requirements
• Responsibility for technical evaluation of proposals from sub-suppliers. Support in commercial evaluation with procurement. Technical support in finding the most suitable technical solution and qualified sub-suppliers
• Responsibility for negotiation of contracts with suppliers and technical support for procurement; Responsible management of orders of HVDC high-voltage components
• Responsibility for supplier monitoring and claim management
• Technical support of commissioning personnel
• Responsibility for giving Technical internal and external (Customer-) Trainings
• Responsibility for supporting in Technical clarification meetings with customer
• Coordination with internal departments and sub-suppliers for individual main components and subsystems.
- Candidates with overview of designing transformer or GIS (Gas insulated Switchgear) or instrument transformers or HVCB shall be preferred.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
Knowledge acquired in 4-8 years in High Voltage engineering or similar
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable
• Experience with any of the following: HV measuring components, HV transmission transformers, HV switchgear, HV Reactors/Resistors/Capacitors
• Understanding of HVDC and/or FACTS technologies
• Knowledge about Testing Techniques of HV components
• Experience in understanding and managing complex customer specifications
• Knowledge of applicable norms and standards
• Experience in tendering or execution of large turnkey projects
• English fluency in business Communication with international stakeholders
• Pronounced Communication skills for clarifying requirements/solutions and resolving misunderstandings
• Proactive mindset and approach to serve colleagues, internal and external customers
• Mindset of growth and service to support colleagues and always think win-win
• Intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team
• Time management and Prioritization Skills
• Understanding the importance of techno-commercial design optimization and the mutual influence of technical and commercial aspects
• Readiness to dig deep into techno-commercial topics, also understanding surrounding interface requirements
• Quality Focus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time