Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About the role
As a member of the Meshing team, you will be expected to create and improve serial and parallel meshing algorithms. We will help you achieve your goals by surrounding you with smart, engaged colleagues from around the world that generously share their time to help you learn STAR-CCM+, the discipline of creating high quality software, and improve your understanding of the fascinating and challenging problems our customers work with us to solve.
You will be expected to be a problem-solver delivering high-quality software that delights our customers, including:
- Working with product managers, application specialists, and fellow developers to understand the requirements of our present (and future) internal and external customers
- Designing and implementing software solutions in support of those customers in the area of meshing
- Testing and fixing code written by you (and sometimes others)
- Reviewing code written by other developers within your team
- Writing automated tests to ensure code reliability and prevent regressions
The position will be located in Lyon or Châtillon (France) and is to be filled as soon as possible.
We offer the possibility to remote up to 3 days a week.
- M.S. or Ph. D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Visualization or a related discipline
- Expertise in implementing cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code
- Experience developing surface and volume meshing algorithms
- Experience with designing/implementing distributed memory parallel algorithms (I.e., MPI)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both colleagues and stakeholders outside of the team
Nice if you have:
- Developing software in a commercial environment
- Understanding and developing of CAE software
- Experience with octree-based meshing techniques, with various surface and volume meshing algorithms
- Use of multi-team, collaborative software development including source control, collaborative design, and code review
- Experience with scripting languages like python or Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of shared memory parallel computing (multi-threaded computing), e.g. OpenMP
- Developing software on both Linux and Windows
- Understanding of 3D-CAD modeling concepts such as NURBS and B-Splines
- Engineering simulation software experience
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application!
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software SAS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time