Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Supply of materials based on customer requirements at the lowest price while ensuring quality and on-time delivery.
- Quality, logistics and material group management (commodity management) as information interchange and assist in selecting the most efficient suppliers.
- Early involvement of Procurement and suppliers in the product development/manufacturing process as well as monitoring current products in order to minimize the overall costs.
- Implement commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, procurement guidelines, IT systems).
- Analyze demands, monitor markets and review suppliers to create a basis for deciding on the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the best suppliers.
- Conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies into the supply chain.
- Define and implement procurement strategies (which are not covered by commodity strategies) based on conducted demand, market, and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations for medium to high purchasing volumes to obtain highest possible savings.
- Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. Contribution to Net Income; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPIs to contribute to the success of the business.
- Implement cost reduction measures to achieve target costs for materials, reduce the overall product cost.
- Support projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, and realization of potential savings.
- Support supplier management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency.
- Contribute to cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
- Introduce and follow up on given cross-functional procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends
- Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies.
- Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) in order to concentrate on the best suppliers.
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency.
- Be actively involved in the product development/manufacturing process as well as implement cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and Procurement (Commodity Managers, Buyers).
- Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
- Active Procurement support in fact-based supplier negotiations by contributing should-cost calculation based on a detailed understanding of the cost drivers along the supply chain. (incl. raw material cost, labor rates, scrap rates, cycle times, machine depreciation, overhead rates).
- Provide benchmarking information on component costs, system costs and underlying value (incl. evaluation of system architectures and related costs) to Product Management, Project Management and R&D.
What will you need to succeed?
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in procurement, contract management, and supplier management.
- Demonstrated understanding of various supplier manufacturing technology and processes, supplier controls and industry standards.
- Specialized knowledge of these specific commodities is an asset (electronic manufacturing services, printed circuit boards, integrated circuits, metal fabrication/machining, plastic molding, etc.)
- You have strong collaboration, persuasion/influencing abilities, and project management skills, and the ability to drive supplier change projects on a cross-functional basis.
- You have proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing competitive pricing and overall terms and conditions.
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and quality related documents.
- Experience in souring parts for product development.
- Familiarity with MS office and SAP is an asset.
- Possession of a combination of commercial, technical and digital skills is an asset.
- You have a growth mindset, with a passion for learning.
- You are agile, technically savvy, with a knack for generating solutions.
- You are a creative thinker with a unique ability to be resourceful.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.