If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
At our site in Munich-Allach, we develop and manufacture locomotives for the national and international market. For our engineering team in locomotive body-in-white (Carbody) we are looking for a Welding Engineer (f/m/d) according to DVS-IIW/EWF 1170 for the development and testing of welding assemblies.
- In your new position you will develop concepts and solutions for locomotive car bodies as well as for installed components and accompany them until delivery.
- You will clarify interfaces with internal and external partners, conduct project-specific reviews and ensure that the assemblies assigned to you are processed in line with costs, quality and deadlines.
- As a welding engineer, you advise various specialist departments on designs that are suitable for welding and materials in accordance with EN 15085 and carry out welding inspections of the production documents for this purpose.
- You coordinate assemblies and components in close contact with work preparation, production and plant welding supervision.
- You will also ensure compliance with current process regulations, technical instructions, standards and laws.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have completed a master's degree/diploma in mechanical engineering.
- In addition, you are a trained welding engineer (f/m/d) according to DVS-IIW/EWF 1170 or equivalent.
- Ideally, you have initial professional experience in the field of rail vehicles in connection with EN 15085 or vehicle construction.
- You score with 2D and 3D CAD knowledge, preferably with Creo Parametric.
- Good German and English skills round off your profile.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time