Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate or post-graduate in your final year? Join our two-year graduate programme working on rail infrastructure, and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with Siemens Mobility Limited!
Siemens Mobility help to solve the problems of increasing traffic by working with railway operators to improve the capacity, punctuality, and security of their systems. We also ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum.
Within our Control Systems team within Rail Infrastructure; you will be part of a team helping to design and implement rail control systems and traffic management solutions, which have a real impact on the real world. This is an excellent opportunity to join our team to tackle various challenges to improve existing and new railway networks and infrastructure.
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic railway control systems graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
- Assist in delivering control systems project engineering work-packages.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the preparation of engineering plans, specifications, and system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality and cost parameters.
- Attend various training courses to develop a basic understanding of railway signalling technologies.
- Build a working knowledge of control systems products, systems and implementation strategies.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of project engineering by identifying efficiencies in project engineering whilst promoting engineering excellence through the adoption of new processes, tools and methods of working.
- Complete technical and non-technical rotations within rail infrastructure business functions in the first year of the graduate scheme.
- Become a STEM ambassador and participate in various volunteering events, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Opportunity to obtain evidence during the graduate scheme in preparation for professional registration, such as IRSE Licences, EngTech, IEng or CEng etc.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Physics, Mathematics or other engineering based subjects
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
What else do I need to know?
These roles are based in Chippenham and the start date will be early - mid August
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Control Systems. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive basic salary of £28,000, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time