Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Siemens Mobility Limited are looking for an intern to spend 12 months with us on our Intern Development Programmed (IDP). This programme is designed to give you a solid foundation to help you with your degree and future career. You will interact with senior management, develop teamwork, and learn presentation skills (like how to create, structure and deliver killer presentations).
We are looking for bright, inquisitive students who want to make a difference.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build upon existing software in the development and maintenance of products
- Participate in the design and implementation of control systems data
- Immerse yourself in the assurance, integration, and testing
- Evaluate new products
- Become a driving force behind the timely and efficient delivery of projects through working closely with different stakeholders
- Collaborate with project managers and be supervised and supported throughout
- Preparing and maintaining team resource schedules to identify resource utilization and work with the Principal Project Engineer to maximize resource utilization/efficiency
- Studying for a degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other engineering-based subjects.
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Strong sense of safety.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time