Corporate Affairs and Strategic Alliances
Family business: Business Development
Change the future with us!
Digital Technologies are key to Siemens’ future. The Corporate Affairs and Strategic Alliances is part of a team to build & scale Siemens’ digital business.
Build digital Ecosystems is one of the significant pillars to drive and scale our digital business. It is thus core to Siemens’ strategy. Finding the right partners and thoughtfully managing those interactions has grown significantly in importance.
The strategic partner leader works together with the Communications, Business Development, Business DI / SI, and Legal teams of Siemens and senior executives at the partner level.
Your Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
Corporate Affairs and Strategic Alliances leads and foster the ecosystem and form the alliances, with internal and external stakeholders. The task is to identify strategic needs of Siemens and then identify and approach the right partners based on these needs, strengthen relationships and driving and implementing initiatives with the new partners. The role has interfaces to all executive roles in a company, including the CEO, Head of Communications and Business Development as well as the key stakeholders and leaders in the businesses.
We are seeking a person which will be responsible for managing and driving our strategic partnerships (government, academy, chambers and associations, industry). You will be responsible to shape and deliver on our strategy to build mindshare identify where we can unlock significant joint business potential.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong Partner management background along with an understanding of all the elements that are required to enable and grow strategic partnerships. This role is senior in nature and will seek bring a consolidated approach to this partnership by aligning our teams to one strategy and enabling consistent execution.
- Manage the strategic partner relationship, operational framework, and communications at the executive level
- Preparing and driving C-Level meetings between Siemens and selected major key stakeholders: government, academia, chambers and associations and industry partners.
- Build relationships with key officials and political leadership at the federal, provincial and municipal levels, who can impact Siemens business interests.
- Support the CEO, VP, BD and Communications in identifying, developing and managing these relationships.
- Establish and maintain a Relationships Management System to support management of these relationships.
- Recommend, organize and support meetings and communications between appropriate company executive(s) and key government officials based on then-current business priorities.
- Siemens will often develop and propose and implement projects that will advance the interests of the Company as well as advance the priorities of governments, to drive cross-company trainings, workshops, on how to implement partnering as an activity across Siemens.
- The identification of programs and sources of funding that support these projects and priorities is a core function of Corporate Affairs.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong leadership and coalition building skills in a highly dynamic and fluid working environment; including cross-group collaboration, clear communications, and the ability to influence without direct control over different teams.
- General understanding of technology, markets and political trends and implications to define partners for different regional markets and circumstance
- Communication skills internally and externally, on multiple levels with partners, social media and presentations. Highest levels of written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve tough business problems, working in concert with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A keen sense of ownership, drive, and execution
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Prior experience working with Corporate or Government Affairs or Alliance partners or Business Development and joint solution strategy desired.
- The right person will be both strategic and tactical, possessing 10+ years of business development experience.
- Experience with managing partnerships (alliances, sales, or technical)
- Very strong written, oral, and social communication skills
- Strong ability to influence without direct control
- Degree required. MBA, Masters, or equivalent executive level experience
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment or virtual work environment
- Up to approximately 25% travel may be required
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time