- Defend tax positions under federal and state audit and interact with taxing authorities to understand, discuss and assist in bringing resolution to complex issues.
- Respond to information document requests in a clear and concise manner.
- Build relationships with internal Tax, Finance, Legal, HR, and business leaders as well as external advisors to ensure complete and timely flow of information and effective resolution of tax audits.
- Assist with US domestic and international income tax matters, including data gathering, research and analysis of applicable tax laws, and ensuring company compliance with tax reporting/filing requirements.
- Advise cross-functional teams and other departments on the tax impacts of business transactions.
- Compose correspondence, opinions and memoranda involving all areas of federal, state and local, and international taxation.
- Conduct due diligence in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and internal reorganization projects. Provide effective and responsive technical tax review of transaction documents.
- Provide timely updates to management on tax law changes impacting the company and effectively manage the required changes to processes and controls mandated by those changes to the law.
- Juris Doctor required; LL.M. in Tax preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Work Experience
- The candidate should have at least 6 years of relevant tax experience with a law firm, Big 4 firm, or in industry, with specific responsibility for tax controversy matters, planning and advice.
- Knowledge of tax accounting is a plus.
- Required Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and pro-active personality including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong ownership and accountability skills.
- Strong technical tax, research and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite and various tax law research software.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.