Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time? At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role - challenging and future-oriented
· An experienced Engineer to work alongside our site execution & commissioning in Marine, Fiber, and Oil & Gas verticals
· Work with project execution team, Project stages supporting the team to
o Carry independently technical requirements/specifications for Motors, VFD’s, Transformer, HT switchboard, LT switchboard and automation system.
o Understanding on plant engineering topics
o Knowledge of Electrical standards
· Collaborate with project execution & site team for technical evaluation during the project cycle.
· Work on standardization of execution and estimation tools/formats.
· Role involves 70% travelling.
· Manage database:
o Plant engineering documents
o Record of site actual site-built documents
o Updates/Version control for plant engineering formats
· Support to Proposal & project execution teams.
· Understanding of customer requirement & offering site based solutions for all type of field material & layouts.
· Meeting with client / consultant for their queries, issues during site execution.
· IS/IEC/IE/CBIP standards for selection/sizing of equipment’s/layouts.
· To prepare the site design basis of plant engineering for project,
· Support to proposal & project team in terms of estimation of quantities for cables, cable trays, earthing, lighting, steel etc.
· Know how & understanding of Electrical equipment layout (Switchyard / Substation Room) cable tray routing & Cable trench layout. cable gallery arrangement & load details as input to civil. Earthing & lightning protection layout lighting layout. PV, AC system layout. Civil work guide layout.
· Know how & understanding of Installation & Commissioning of equipment’s.
· Know how & understanding of Civil & Structural Work.
· Entire plant engineering for Marine, sugars, Co-generation, Fertilizer & power plants.
· Preparation of guide for Installation of Cable trays, Earthing, Earth mat for switchyard, Lighting as per layouts.
· All types of relay settings.
· Preparation of civil drawings with consultant & input to consultant regarding electrical installation requirement, such as foundation details, trench details, DG stack details, opening & cutout details etc.
· Must be aware about ACAD software.
· Important - Sizing calculations & Preparation of layouts.
o Preparation of Key Single Line Diagram.
o Power & Distribution Transformer Sizing calculations.
o Load flow & short circuit study
o CT / PT sizing calculation.
o EHV/HV/LV cable sizing calculations.
o Earthing & lightning protection design for plant as well as for switchyards up to 220kV.
o HT/LT Capacitor selection & sizing.
o DC system sizing calculations.
o NGR sizing.
o Illumination calculations.
o Electrical substation layout for Equipments.
o Electrical switchyard layout.
o Cable tray selections & preparation of cable tray routine including O/H tray, trenches etc.
o Earthing & lightning layout.
o Illumination layout.
· Knowledge of ACAD, EPLAN, ETAP software’s will be preferred.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· BE/BTech/Diploma – Electrical Engineering / Electronics / Industrial Electronics
· 10 years+ in Proposal for projects involving electrical components/systems across electrical and automation field with basic engineering know how.
· Project proposals knowledge for the named verticals will be an added advantage.
· Has been part of a team working on similar role
This role is based in Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time