Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
Overview: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Do you want to be the commercial mind of our largest projects? Drive profit and cash improvements? Be in the middle of interacting with customers? Then this is your opportunity!
The Midwest Zone of Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing the finance team and is looking for an additional Project Controller / Commercial Project Manager that is responsible for all commercial aspects related to the most important projects. The engagement starts with the sales phase and extends through the project completion. Responsibilities encompass sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. The Project Controller is partnering with the Project Managers to ensure a successful execution of the projects. The Project Controller is engaged with Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Sales, Procurement, Legal, other Project Controllers, regional and national Finance colleagues, and internal and external and reports directly to the Senior Zone Management.
- Ensure compliance with Levels of Authority approval guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
- Ensure quality of all commercial and administration of project policies per Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure an adequate handover phase, analyze customer requirements, and examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability.
- Ensure accurate financial project set-up including the work breakdown structure in SAP (WBS) in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
- Support the Project Manager in leading and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments)
- Set up financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase
- Set up and closely supervise revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, like export control, signature authorities.
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with internal Guidelines
- Support the Project Manager in identifying, evaluating, and assessing risks & opportunities, strategies, and response activities. Constantly assess risks& opportunities and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin while proposing measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the Project Manager to use opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Manager to ensure Project Quality based on Siemens guidelines and achievement of project goals.
- Support Project Manager in the timely issuing of invoices with a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Actively connect with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects and feed results into own project lessons-learned activities and into own organization
- Drive interpersonal relationships, foster effective communication, and manage conflicts
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Required travel: ~25%
- Required experience: Professional experience in the financial management of sophisticated projects (e.g. Project Coordinator, Contract Administrator, or other similar position).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without requiring sponsorship support.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant certificate
- Proficiency with related SAP modules
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.