Position Title: PLC Software Developer
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a PLC Software Engineer with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will develop and support Russelectric’s switchgear automation programming. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help a great sales and manufacturing organization become even better!
Your automation expertise will help this manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Develop custom PLC programs with both function block and ladder logic style programming using a standards-based approach.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective vs. hardware provided.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every programming project.
- Work with the SCADA development team to design project specific SCADA control and monitoring screens.
- Responsible for alarm and event point assignment, which will be used in SCADA development to enhance operator situational awareness.
- Perform Research and Development tasks to validate ideas and implement changes into the PLC software standard.
- Presents technical findings and developments.
- Adheres to the software quality process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments, commissioning agents, and end users to come up with improvements and new features for our Switchgear Systems.
- Complete all programming projects in a timely manner.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as Field Service Engineers.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the PLC programming standards.
- Communicates effectively with cross functional partners at all levels
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Strong willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement.
- 5 years’ experience in Automation and Control Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with a variety of programming PLCs and SCADAs, including LM90, VersaPro, Proficy, RSLogix 5000, ProWORX, Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC and Wonderware.
- Strong understanding of PLC Network Architecture. This includes, but is not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Remote IO Drops, and all associated network protocols.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Understanding of 3 phase power.
- Ability to troubleshoot and edit SCADA applications that interface with the PLC system(s) being provided.
- Ability to develop and support PLC programs written using non-standard PLC programming software.
- Ability to host live demonstrations for existing and potential customers, highlighting the strengths of our switchgear automation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to travel 5%
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.