Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a research scientist to transform the way healthcare is delivered through developing cutting-edge MR imaging methodologies and translating them into clinical practice.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a MR Research Scientist of the MR R&D
Collaborations team, you will be based in the department of Neurology at a leading
academic institution in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, responsible for:
Research and Development
- Work closely with your academic partners to drive, release, and maintain state-of-the-art MR sequence and reconstruction packages, particularly for arterial-spin-labeling (ASL)
- Evaluate prototypes and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conduct original research resulting in patent applications.
- Be the key point of contact on-site for both Siemens and customer. Coordinate appropriately with Siemens Leadership, Applications, Sales and Service teams
- Communicate effectively between all stakeholders in the strategic partnership, escalating challenges appropriately
- Identify areas of mutual interest for future collaboration projects that are relevant for the academic/industrial partnership, and strategic in nature
- Develop Academic Industry Partnership grants with your academic partner
Sales and Marketing Support
- Provide content for articles, abstracts, and marketing materials for Siemens (such as MAGNETOM Flash)
- Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and take ownership in finding a resolution of those issues.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication skills – in all formats: writing, presentation, verbal.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Strong background in MR physics and pulse sequence design.
- Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
- Experience in working with internal and external partners.
- Substantial experience in C++/C software design, implementation, and coding.
- Experience using Matlab for signal and image processing.
- Excellent teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Skilled in MS office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.