The Business Governance Professional for the Rolling
Stock (RS) Business Governance activities will interface with employees at all
levels on a variety of topics and prepare information and reports internal and
external to Siemens Mobility. The position requires experience with vehicles
and fleet administration, Microsoft Office skills and the ability to handle
effectively and accurately data and reporting on a multitude of
business-related topics. The role is in our Sacramento, California office and
will report to the Sr. Manager, Fleet and Internal Services.
Looking for a customer-service oriented candidate with initiative to support administration, tracking and documentation of company initiatives, governance and business administration topics. Position will involve analysis, attention to detail, preparation of presentations, policy updates and reporting. Position will require strong organizational skills to handle a large volume of data and effective communications skills in order to work across organizational boundaries to engage employee participation in a variety of programs. Position will also support activities and reporting related to fleet administration and general internal services. A flexible schedule is needed to meet deadlines as required and to support a variety of activities, events and workshops both internally and externally. Position will also support a variety of internal services under the scope of business governance and facilities operations, uniform and employee related programs. Position will support some general facility activities under the Governance Department scope, which can include lifting items up to 40 pounds. DMV record screening required as individual position will periodically be driving a fleet vehicle. Additionally, role will require obtaining a valid DOT medical card to be able to drive vehicles greater than 10,001 lbs. and forklift certification through the local business within first 90 days. Job responsibilities may change as business needs change. Position requires on site involvement full time with occasional flexibility for periodic remote work. Some travel is also required (20%). Versatility and the ability to cover activities with varying levels of complexity and time constraints are required.
This is a general listing of job functions and does not represent a complete listing of the position’s responsibilities.
- Support assigned organization with professional services on a variety of topics
- Conduct analysis, project/process reporting and database/data management
- Track KPI’s and program activities and generate reports, charts & presentations for program performance
- Participate in projects as assigned. They can be both short-term, long-term and ad-hoc.
- Collaborate effectively across the organization to ensure accurate, timely and fully vetted updates.
- Prepare commentary of performance on a variety of business topics.
- Complete all program and reporting requirements timely and accurately.
- Support and participate in assigned internal programs.
- Will regularly drive vehicles and utility carts that may include carrying supplies, equipment, or passengers.
- Prepare documents and reports related to fleet administration including vehicle maintenance, purchases, reporting both internal and external.
- Perform vehicle and trailer inspections and schedule 90-day BIT inspections, annual inspections, and any other inspections as required. File documents accordingly and be readily accessible for audits.
- Track and schedule vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Transport standard vehicles to designated facility for inspections and repairs.
- Transport standard vehicles to designated facility and schedule wash for larger service vehicles.
- Complete and ensure accuracy of maintenance, organization, and distribution of technical or commercial records and information.
- Update process documentation for fleet administration activities.
- Support activities with third parties providing services for fleet administration and fleet training topics as assigned.
- Perform administrative functions for training activities for the fleet program.
- Work with Fleet Manager to review records for accuracy and resolve any findings.
- Support organization in preparing DOT files and training for new and existing drivers.
- Provide internal services within the scope of governance.
- Support internal department moves, and facility activities related to IT equipment, office equipment and furniture.
- Provide support to the RS Business Governance, Diversity and Outreach Programs.
- Prepare requisitions, process, and track invoices for assigned topics.
- Perform other related duties and research as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: High School diploma or GED
- Required experience: 2 years performing business administration, fleet vehicle or facility support in a corporate setting or educational equivalent.
- Excel and MS Office application skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule: there will be occasions when this team attends after-hours events or must work outside of normal business hours to meet a deadline or provide services.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Degree and 2 years’ experience
- Facilities Support or Administration experience
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Superb work ethic; attention to detail, and commitment to high quality work
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial Driver’s License (Recommended, not Required)
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.