Siemens are looking for a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join our Tax team based in Farnborough. You will assist with the performance of all aspects of corporation tax compliance and advisory services to companies in the Siemens UK Group.
Siemens is a global industrial market leading company and digital pioneer focusing on the areas of electrification and automation through the application of our energy efficient, resource saving technology and digital know-how.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development.
Whilst this role is based in our Farnborough office, we have a flexible working policy enabling a combination of home and office working to suit your needs.
Areas of Responsibility:
You will be reporting into the Senior Corporate Tax Manager and tasks will include:
- Preparation of corporation tax returns, required claims & elections, IFRS reporting calculations and statutory account calculations / disclosures in respect of allocated portfolio of group companies.
- Assistance with the preparation of more complex aspects of tax matters on allocated portfolio of group companies. This will include liaison with contacts across the business and research on specific technical issues.
- Providing advisory support in relation to commercial and cross border trading activities and liaison with overseas tax departments or advisors as required.
- Preparation of Research and Development Expenditure Credit claims.
- Involvement in the completion and analysis of group topics; e.g. tax governance and risk management requirements, group plans, thin capitalization, calculation of tax instalment payments to HMRC.
- Provision of advice in respect of the pricing and documentation of cross border transactions, preparation of transfer pricing documentation for UK companies and other transfer pricing related obligations.
- Completion of specialist tax research/reviews on technical issues as required and ad-hoc tax advice.
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Appropriate tax or accounting qualification (or working towards)
- Experience of UK corporate tax.
- Tax return software – Experience preferred.
- Ability to operate effectively and collaborate in a team environment
- Integrity and customer focus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time