Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Engineering? Join Siemens over the summer and see for yourself how we can give you fantastic work experience compacted into 3 exciting months! Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start summer placement with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Siemens Mobility Control Systems team are developing and implementing railway control systems and traffic management solutions across the UK. The team is undertaking various challenges to improve existing and new railway network and infrastructure.
Embark on your 3-month placement with us whilst learning from industry experts. Develop your knowledge and experience in Control Systems and build your professional network ready for when you graduate.
- Gain exposure to rail signalling technologies and control systems solutions.
- Develop a good understanding of the fundamentals on existing and upcoming software development projects and maintenance of products.
- Participate in the design and implementation of control systems data.
- Become a driving force behind the timely and efficient delivery of projects through working closely with different partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineers. project managers and be supervised and supported throughout the summer internship.
- Collate evidence during placement in preparation for professional registration, such as EngTech.
- Become a STEM ambassador and participate in various volunteering events, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in engineering, computer science or software related subjects.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum (pro rata).
We are looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The start date for this role is the 12th of June 2023.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time