Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
As BAU/BAS Project Manager, you will provide direction and supervision of Building Automation projects to ensure successful delivery. You will oversee project status, and work with other project managers. Your project management skills along with your building automation (BAU) and building automation systems (BAS) technology knowledge/experience, and financial acumen will be critical to your success in this role! Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations. Travel/visit within areas covered by the branch.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Schedule installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty.
- Deliver project revenue forecasting and reporting results to Branch Operations Manager.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans.
- Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of project plans and ensure plans are followed.
- Oversee supervision of all installation and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs.
- Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed in accordance with contract documents and customer expectations.
- Determine resource needs (eg staffing tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for project opportunities.
- Communicate project information (eg equipment changes) to engineering operations and sales employees as needed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating bidding and operations phases of each project.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Act as the main point of customer contact for the project delivery and issues mitigation.
What will you need to succeed?
- 3+ years’ experience in Building Automation (BAU) and Building Automation Systems (BAS) technology in construction industry
- 3 - 5 years of operational experience in Project Management and Project Development are essential
- B.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation highly preferred but not mandatory; or working toward
- Designation of merit including P. Eng., LEED Certification, CEM, CFAA or other industry related designation
- Strong knowledge of building electrical, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of CAN/ULC standards, Canadian Building and Electrical codes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or alternate Project Management Software
- Financial acumen (costing/ budgeting/ forecasting etc).
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and ability to communicate with contractors, consultants and executives
- Strong written and verbal English communication
- Asset: Field Technician experience
We hire in the following locations: Oakville ON/ Toronto ON/ Southwestern Ontario (SWO) – Cambridge ON, Guelph ON, London ON/ Halifax NS/ Calgary AB/ Edmonton-Nisku AB/ Vancouver BC/ Richmond BC
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.