We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Accountant to join our Customer Services Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham.
As Commercial Accountant, you will manage project accounts, enabling effective cost control and ensuring the provision of key management information to the project team. You will be performing all accounting activities including account reconciliation and preparation of journal entries and advise and partner with management of the project to drive financial performance against business and project goals. The role also requires providing pre and post contract commercial support.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be accountable for safeguarding the commercial, financial, contractual, and legal interests of the business relating to a portfolio of projects; support internal and external customers in the respect of commercial and contractual advice and guidance in the day-to-day operation of business with a focus on optimizing cash and margin.
This is a hybrid role with an expectation to work from our Chippenham office at least 2-3 times a week.
This is your role – what part will you play?
- Overall responsibilities of all elements of costs in the projects have been booked correctly. Analyze costs against budget and forecast monthly and seek explanation from the respective Managers for variation. Prepare variance analysis reports
- Billing responsibility. Ensuring suppliers invoices are booked and accrued correctly every monthCollate, analyse and report financial and operational information in an accurate, timely and consistent manner to support the business decision making process, in particular budgeting, forecasting and actual reporting
- Provide costing and financial modelling support to the business for the achievement of operational objectives and business growth
- Assisting in the negotiating contract changes, ad hoc agreements, claims and variations, as well as monthly applications for payment and final accounts
- Assist in the negotiation of variations to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes
- Maximise project and business profitability throughout the project lifecycle delivered through professional commercial management
- Liaise closely with other Commercial Managers ensuring the consistent use of best practice contract and commercial techniques across the company
- Provide commercial reports as required
- Ensure all commercial processes and document control follow the appropriate company standards and governance
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Hold or working towards CIMA or ACCA
- Demonstrate relevant accounting & financial experience
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding and interpretation of key financial documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-disciplined with strong time management ability
- Diligent with good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of SAP desirable
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels (essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time