Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Siemens is creating a UK based Rail Industry Hub on the outskirts of Goole in the East Riding of Yorkshire, where over 40 new Piccadilly Line, London Underground Trains will be Assembled, future options could take this into the hundreds.
These innovative first of a kind type of train have a multi lane, global supply chain with an increasing focus on sourcing local products to support the industrialisation agenda and help achieve future contracts.
The manufacturing activities in Goole are just the start of Siemens commitment to its new Rail Village and wider commitment to developing this area.
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
In this role you will be responsible for purchasing key components required to build the brand-new London Underground trains serving the Piccadilly line. Your day-to-day duties will include:-
- Engaging with suppliers across Europe
- Placing purchase orders and monitoring progress through the supply chain, ensuring the timely delivery of material to our manufacturing facility
- Communicating with stakeholders both internal and external regarding the status of material, escalating concerns where necessary
- Analysing data, spotting trends and suggesting ideas for improvement
- Using systems such as SAP and Excel to perform your daily duties
- Learning how an international supply chain works, and what is important to ensure the safe, timely and cost-effective supply of material
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Be on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in Business Management, Engineering, Engineering Management, Finance or Supply Chain
- Able to think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Able to work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from as diverse talent pool as possible, we welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of (insert discipline). Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time