Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or Czech ČD RailJet or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your Smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops? Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object oriented, and based on the Linux open-source software stack.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
What does your future team look like?
You will be part of the European SW Engineering team and develop the next generation Java applications for trains such as passenger information, passenger counting, CCTV or other exciting new technologies that will be deployed to Siemens trains worldwide. Your software conforms to high standards for robustness, fault tolerance and maintainability.
What will be your role?
- Be a member of an agile, decentralized, international development team
- Design software modules
- Write clean product code in a test-driven way
- Develop automated integration tests
- Support the commissioning phase of the trains on-site (travel up to 5%)
What do you need to become a part of our team?
- 3+ years of experience in Java development (Java 6+)
- Understanding of Linux, Clean Code, and standard IP communication
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, Git or Subversion, including branching models
- 1+ years of experience with Scrum/Kanban and CI/CD, TDD or XP
- Fluent English
What would we appreciate if you have extra?
- Knowledge of Java component frameworks, particularly OSGi
- Experience with C++, C#, C, SonarQube, and Gradle
- Experience in the railway industry
- German or any other language
What can you look forward to with us?
- Signing bonus 50 000 CZK
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Organize your working hours to suit you (you should always be at your desk between 10am and 2pm)
- The possibility to work from home for a better work-life balance (in the case of working from home, an allowance of 100 CZK/day)
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English! 😊
Is your CV not ready or do you need more information? 🙋♀️🙋♂️ Contact me at 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org or here www.linkedin.com/in/zuzana-trubacova. I will be happy to add you to my contacts for potential future cooperation! 😉
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time