The IP Counsel focuses on counseling and implementing the Intellectual Property strategy for Siemens Healthineers legal entities in India. As a business partner, the candidate is expected to contribute to the success of the business by providing practical IP legal advice to meet the objectives of the business.
• Collaborate with business to plan and implement Siemens Healthineers IP strategy for Legal Entities in India
• Counsel R&D teams to ensure quality IP is generated and harvested
• Manage the preparation, filing and prosecuting, patent, trademark, and copyright applications
• Perform IP risk assessment, including freedom-to-operate analyses to minimize risk to 3rd party IPR
• Own full responsibility for local budget
• Communicate and coordinate with project management and with legal department attorneys
• Work closely with the businesses to provide IP counseling (including due diligence, drafting and negotiating) on transactions such as collaboration agreements, licenses, research agreements, etc.
• Work effectively with executives, engineering, and marketing personnel
• Training and providing IP awareness to employees
• Support innovation management in the organization and contribute to key initiatives
Qualification, Relevant Experience and Skills
• Masters (Science/Technology) and preferably Law Degree with IP specialization
• 7-10 years of experience as a practicing attorney in the IP field of law.
• Good understanding of appropriate laws ensuring compliance of the same; monitors and evaluates impact of IP legislations in India
• Patent and Trademark Agent
• Experience working on patent application drafting and prosecution for multiple jurisdictions
• Experience in working on Trademark infringement matters, IP contracts and Copyrights
• Experience in product IP clearances, patent investigations, and IP-related agreements.
• Experience working in large, complex organizations and interacting with key stakeholders across geographies is preferred.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Experience in providing counseling at all management levels
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to demonstrate leadership skills