Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are looking to hire an Environment QA Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.Main Responsibilities:
- Aim to reach a high quality level for one or more of the following products: Solido Design Environment (SDE) & Integration of Siemens EDA simulators in Cadence Design Environments.
- Responsible for the test plan definition and participate in quality plan definition of each release in coordination with development and marketing teams.
- Create various test cases to evaluate new features using analog design languages.
- Analyze defects reported by customers and automate their test cases.
- Run the adequate tests, analyze the test reports, make the diagnosis of problems, report them to development teams and possibly suggest the way to solve them.
- Consider different quality attributes (FURPS) while validating the various products with special emphasis on Usability (GUI) attributes.
- Measure the test coverage and suggest improvements.
- Use products as a designer and report issues and suggestions to enhance them.
- Work closely with the development team to optimize the development and validation cycle time in an Agile process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum grade of Very Good.
- 0-5 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Strong Software Programming/Testing skills with good knowledge of Analog/Mixed-Signal IC design flow.
- Knowledge or interest in QA methodology and development tools (version management, defect management, or test coverage) is highly desirable.
- Scripting in one or more of the following is needed: Shell scripting, Python, SKILL.
- Familiar with analog design or CAD engineering using Cadence Virtuoso® or Synopsys Custom Designer® analog design environments.
- Familiar with usage of commercial Spice simulators and analog circuit characterization (e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, Corner simulation … etc.)
- Knowledge of C++ and Object Oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of GUI testing principles (knowledge of Qt and Squish is a plus).
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages such as Verilog and/or VHDL is a plus.
- Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-Motivated, highly attentive to details and able to work independently.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time