Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
- Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
- Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
- Completes IT operations and maintenance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
- Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
- May perform 1st-Level user help desk activities.
- Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
- Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals.
- Overall responsibility – Support all location’s employees in setup, maintenance and emergency repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Check device hardware and software (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get employee back on the jobsite including deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed. Work with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
- On/Off Boarding Support of employees - Software, Hardware, Phones, etc. Commissioning and decommissioning per Siemens policies.
- IT Champion/Liaison - Leads efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and rollout, out of scope software, and new tools deployment by interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
- IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets for first level Siemens IT support. Coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Manages escalations and resolutions.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in computer science preferred
- Proven Experience as an IT technician or relevant position; 2+ years preferred
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.